In the days of AM radio music only had one genre, today there are labels for all different kinds of music, but Hannah Thomas has never liked labels, or playing just one kind of music. Amy Ray (of the Indigo Girls) describes Hannah’s music best. (Hannah has) "the soul of old country, and that will always be there, but she's also a diehard rocker with some punk thrown in the mix" (Spring 2013 issue Georgia Music Magazine)
And Hannah has been playing that music for everyone who will listen. Having played over 200 shows in the past 18 months in more places than she can count, she also made time to record the 7 songs on her newest studio CD, “Goodbye on Wasted Time”
“Music is all I think about” says Thomas. And you can hear that dedication in her songs. From the soulful bluesy “Church on Friday” to the tale of life in the country (“Watch Out for the Deer”) to rockers like “Goodbye on Wasted Time and “Pacifier” (the latter featuring Amy Ray on guest vocals) Hannah keeps her audience’s attention by never having two songs sound the same.
And there is no denying Hannah has what it takes to move to the next level. Eddie Owen (founder Eddie’s Attic, now at Georgia’s Red Clay Theater) was asked about Hannah for a recent issue of Georgia Music Magazine and said “For any performing songwriter to advance through the levels, several common variables are required – talent, an unending discipline and work ethic, no hesitancy in self-assurance and self-promotion, and an unending desire to learn and become better. If one has all that there is still the ‘being in the right place at the right time’ factor. Hannah has the first four factors, so when that opportunity comes, she’ll be ready.”
- Winner of The GA Lottery All Access Music Search
- Performed during Halftime for The Atlanta Falcons vs. Green Bay Packers Game at The GA Dome.
- Shared the stage with Indigo Girls, Don Dixon & Marti Jones, Danielle Howle, Bree Sharp, Amy Ray, Michelle Malone, Antigone Rising, Jen Foster, Caroline Aiken, Sonia Leigh, Charlie Worsham, Rachel Farley, Zac Brown, and Mother's Finest
- Music featured on the Americana Music Show (North Carolina), Locals Only on 105.7 (Atlanta), Studio 30A Radio (Florida), Homoground favorite artist 100th episode (New York), Cathy Is In (Los Angeles, CA), WXRY Unsigned (South Carolina), Long Drive Home AM 1690 (Georgia), Radio Free Americana and more.
- Various TV appearances including Fox 5's Good Day Atlanta , Time Warner Charlotte's "The Naked Truth" songwriter series, "Dirty South TV", More at Midday in Nashville, Close Up with Jaquitta Williams in Atlanta, WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids, MI, FOX 8 in Cleveland, OH, Charlotte Today in Charlotte, NC and NBC's 11 Alive Action News in Atlanta.
- Hannah is proudly sponsored by Tomboy Toys. https://www.facebook.com/tomboy.toys
Hannah Thomas - The Rest Is Yet To Come (2009)
Hannah Thomas - The Acoustic Sessions (2010)
Hannah Thomas - Capitol Sessions – Limited Edition EP (2011)
Hannah Thomas - Making Racket in the Attic – Live at Eddie’s Attic (2011)
Hannah Thomas - Goodbye on Wasted Time (2013)